Carolina Kitchen: Coconut macaroons, banh mi tacos, blueberry lemonade cocktail
ASHEVILE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Eli Scott of Chupacabra Latin Cafe
- ¾ can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag shredded coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Orange zest
- 1 bag bittersweet chocolate
Whip egg whites in mixer to make a meringue, in a mixing bowl combine coconut and condensed milk then fold in the merengue. Scoop on to baking sheet and bake for 25-30 min at 325 degrees.
- Pickles- cut cucumbers and carrots, then mix in teriyaki and ponzu, let sit overnight.
- Pork Belly- Take Pork Belly and sear both sides, bake at 350 degrees for an hour in covered pan with two cups mirin.
Apply together as preferred.
Blueberry lemonade cocktail
- 2oz vodka
- 5-8 blueberries
- 3oz lemonade from fresh-squeezed lemons, simple syrup
- Lemon zest
Pour vodka in glass, add blueberries and muddle, then mix in lemonade and ice. Stir.