Carolina Kitchen: Accras (Jamaican fish fritters)
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Calypso Chef Nigel Lawrence
Accras (Jamacian fish fritters, also called "stamp and go")
- 6 Oz cod fish
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1\2 tsp Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- 2 Green onion dice
- 1 Scotch bonnet peppers
- 1\2 cup Cold water
- Tt Salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Boil cod fish for an hour or soak cod fish in cold water overnight to removed excess salt and rehydrate.
- When finished cooking let it cool down. If soaking fish, remove any skin and bones and flake or cut into small pieces
- In a large bowl, add all above dry ingredients to green onion, Scotch bonnets, cod fish, salt and pepper. Mix together until sticky and well blended together.
- In a large skillet add 1\4 inch of oil more depend on the size of the pot over medium heat,
- When oil is hot, hot drop round spoonfuls of batter into oil. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve hot!