Carolina Kitchen: Bacon cheddar deviled eggs
By The Writer's Bistro
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup fine shredded cheddar
- Garnish chives or paprika
- Take 1 dozen eggs and place them in small pot. Top with cold water and place on stove to boil.
- When water hits boiling, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove, drain and run under cold water to help speed up the process. Place in fridge until cold.
- When eggs are chilled, peel and cut in half. Remove the egg yolks and hold in small mixing bowl while placing egg whites on platter.
- Mix mayo, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Fold in cheese and finely chopped bacon.
- Garnish with chives or paprika.