Carolina Kitchen: Baked Greek chicken and veggies
by Foothills Wellness Center, Chef Melissa LeRoy, Dr. Joseph Picone
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBSP Mediterranean seasoning
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped or sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and about 3 teaspoons Mediterranean seasoning on both sides.
- Combine lemon sliced, red bell peppers, olives, onions, and capers in a bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining Mediterranean seasoning and stir to coat well.
- Arrange chicken, lemon slices, red bell peppers, olives, onions, and cappers on a large, greased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15--20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Top with cracked black pepper and fresh herbs (optional) and serve immediately.