Carolina Kitchen: Black Bottom Chocolate Cupcakes
by Dogwood Crafters, Chef Brenda Anders
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 Cup oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 T. vinegar
- Put baking soda and vinegar into 1 cup water.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into cupcake pans lined with liners OR into 9x13 pan if you prefer.
- Fill cupcakes 2/3 to 3/4 cull.
- Put 2 teaspoons of filling on each cupcake.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Makes 18-20 cupcakes.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cups nuts, chopped
- Beat cream cheese; add egg.
- Beat again, add rest of ingredients and mix well.