Carolina Kitchen: Bleu 'Pearadise' Salad
By Bruce's Fabulous Foods, Chef Bruce Brown
- Salad greens of your choice (Romaine, baby spinach, spring mix, leaf lettuce, etc.)
- 2 fresh, firm red pears
- 1/2 Cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- Almonds, sliced or slivered
- Roma tomato slices
- Cucumber slices
- 2 hard boiled eggs, shelled and quartered
- Candied bacon, crumbled
- Vinaigrette of your choice for dressing
- Melon baller
- Knife with cutting board
- Arrange your greens on luncheon plates, placing the tomato slices, cucumber slices and eggs around the edges.
- Slice the pears in half and core using the melon baller. With the pears flat side down on the cutting surface, thinly slice the pears and fan onto the top of the salad.
- Top the sliced pears with crumbled bleu cheese, candied bacon and almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette over the salad and serve.