Carolina Kitchen: Chicken Amanda
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Chef Bruce Brown; Bruce's Fabulous Foods
- 12 oz. penne pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or - bacon grease
- 12 oz. chicken breasts or thighs, boneless & skinless, 3/4" diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1-1 1/2 cups water (reserved from cooking the pasta, if available)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 3/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon each: salt, black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, minced to garnish
- In a large skillet, melt the grease over medium high heat. Add the diced chicken and cook until beginning to brown, about five minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute, continuing to stir.
- Add the water to the skillet and bring to low simmer, stirring. Add the lemon juice and zest. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the red peppers, tahini, salt and pepper. Stir and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce begins to thicken, about five more minutes.
- Add the pasta to the chicken and sauce, lightly tossing to combine. Dispense into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with the fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.