Carolina Kitchen: Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce
by Bruce's Fabulous Foods, Chef Bruce Brown
- 1LB chicken, boneless skinless breasts, cut into planks
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, stemmed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Cup onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 2 TBS lime juice
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- In food processor, pulse the garlic until minced.
- Add the parsley, cilantro, onion, salt and white pepper, processing until finely chopped and beginning to make a paste.
- Add the red wine vinegar and lime juice, continuing to pulse to combine.
- With processor running, drizzle in the olive oil, emulsifying the sauce until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place the sauce in a bowl and set aside to let the flavors combine while the chicken is cooking.
- In your sauté pan, bring the oil up to temp over medium high heat.
- Carefully add the chicken planks and stir/flip until all pieces are beginning to cook through.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add 2/3 of the chimichurri sauce to the chicken, flipping and stirring so all pieces are coated in the sauce.
- Serve the chicken in a medium bowl or on a bed of rice, using the remaining sauce to garnish or drizzle over the top of each serving.