Carolina Kitchen: Shrimp gambas (Spanish-style shrimp with garlic)
by Chupacabra Latin Cafe , Sous Chef Elijah Scott
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Red onion
- 1 to 2 TBSP capers
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Olive Oil (Use a good one)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 to 2 scallions, sliced thin.
- Heat a large sautee pan on medium heat.
- When the pan is warm, add olive oil.
- Add Onion and Garlic and sautee until translucent.
- Add Tomatoes, Sautee for 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Add Capers and lemon zest.
- Add Shrimp. Sautee just until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with more olive oil (if desired) toasted bread, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, top with