Carolina Kitchen: Crockpot chicken and butternut squash
by Foothills Wellness Center, Chef Melissa LeRoy
- 6 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 4 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pound to 2 pounds Whole butternut squash
- 6 Fresh sage leafs
- Ground Pepper (pinch or to taste)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- Add 1 tablespoon balsamic, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Peel the butternut squash, cut in half, and remove seeds as well as membranes.
- Cube in approximately 1 inch squares.
- Place cubed butternut squash on the chicken.
- Splash with the remaining tablespoon of balsamic and add the sage leafs.
- Cover; cook on High for 4 to 6 hours or on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Butternut squash may be served cubed or mashed.