Carolina Kitchen: Croissant French Toast with Blueberry Compote
by The Renaissance-The Writer's Bistro, Chef Richard Petrelli
- 3 Croissants
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 1 TBS powdered sugar
- 2 oz per maple syrup
- 2 cup blueberries
- half cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Take a store bought croissant that is already pre sliced.
- Make you french toast batter by mixing cinnamon and vanilla and then adding it to a bowl with beaten eggs and half and half.
- Dredge a half piece of croissant in batter and place into greased hot saute pan.
- Do this with the rest of the croissants until pan is full.
- Flip after golden brown, approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- In small pot add blueberries, sugar and vanilla.
- Cook on medium heat until berry juice and sugar creates a syrup, approximately 10 mins.
- Serve with good maple syrup, blueberry compote and powdered sugar for garnish.