Carolina Kitchen: Fry Bread
by Dogwood Crafters, Chef Brenda Anders
- 2-1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 Cups warm milk plus 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil
- Mix flour, baking powder and milk.
- Mix into a ball.
- Knead on a floured board 3 or 4 minutes.
- Cover dough and let rest 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 parts.
- Keep unused dough covered at all times.
- Shape parts into ball and roll into a 6 inch circle.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees and fry until done
- Top with chili, grated cheese, chopped lettuce, onion and tomatoes OR butter and honey.