Carolina Kitchen: Holiday treats
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
Owner and Chef Adam Wilson of The Square Root in Brevard stopped by News 13 This Morning to talk about several holiday treats.
Gingerbread Encrusted Pork Cutlet with Warm Lemon Blueberry Compote
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 1 oz. Raspberry Liquor
- ¾ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. Molasses
- 8 oz. Pork Loin, pounded cutlet
- 2 cups Flour, seasoned
- 2 Egg, fresh beaten
- 2 cups Gingerbread, crushed
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- In a food processor pulse gingerbread and panko bread crumbs. Bread pork cutlet with seasoned flour, egg wash, and gingerbread-panko crumbs. In a sauté pan on medium heat sauté pork cutlets until desired doneness.
- In another sauté pan melt butter and brown sugar together. Add blueberries and deglaze with raspberry liquor. Fold in lemon zest, lemon juice, molasses, cinnamon and nutmeg. Reduce down to a syrupy consistency and top with pork cutlet with compote.
Pretzel and Pecan Encrusted Pimento Cheese Ball
- 1 lb. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Pimentos, diced
- ¼ cup Jalapenos, pickled, minced
- ¼ cup Onions, diced fresh
- 2 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp. Granulated Onion
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 Tbsp. Pretzel, crushed
- 6 Tbsp. Bacon, cooked chopped
- 6 Tbsp. Spiced Pecans, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. Scallion, minced
- Square Root Beer Mustard
- Pretzel Sticks, small
- In a medium mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, jalapenos, diced onion, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, granulated onion, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are combined. Roll into ball and refrigerate for an hour.
- In a food processor pulse pretzels, bacon, spiced pecans and then fold in scallions to the chopped ingredients.
- Take pimento cheese ball and roll into the crust. Insert pretzel sticks into cheese ball. Drizzle with Square Root Beer Mustard.
Peppermint White Chocolate Eggnog Cocktail
- 1 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
- 1 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 6 oz. eggnog
- White Chocolate Sauce
- White Chocolate, shaved block
- Candy Cane, crushed
- Whipped Cream
- Crush candy cane and rim glass with white chocolate sauce and crushed candy cane.
- In a shaker with ice combine eggnog, peppermint schnapps, vanilla vodka, shake and strain into martini glass.
- Top with whipped cream and shaved white chocolate. Garnish with candy cane.