Carolina Kitchen: Honey nut granola
By Givens Estates Chef Martha Vining
- 8 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 Cups sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 Cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 Cups dried apricots, cut up
- 2 Cups dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup canola or olive oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together oatmeal, nuts and pumpkin seeds.
- In a saucepan, mix oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Heat honey/oil mixture.
- Stir into oatmeal mixture. Spread mixture out onto baking sheets.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned
- Remove from oven and stir in apricots and cranberries, toss and allow to cool before bagging. Store in freezer