Carolina Kitchen: Kiss cakes
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Dogwood Crafters chef Brenda Anders
- 2 light cups of sugar
- 4 egg white room temperature
- 1 level tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 cup broken pecans FINELY broken
- Beat egg whites very stiff. Add sugar a little at a time and beat well after each addition.
- It is very important to add ONLY a small amount of sugar at a time. Sprinkle in cornstarch, flavor with vanilla and extract. Then add finely chopped pecans.
- Drop on waxed paper by the tablespoonful and bake in a very low oven 250degrees about 45 minutes. (Longer they cook the better)
- They are done when you can lift them off the waxed paper without breaking.