Carolina Kitchen: Pan fried chicken and ratatouille
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Chef Eva Andres
- 1 egg plant
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chicken leg
- Salt, pepper, butter, canola and olive oil
- Dice the eggplant, the zucchinis and the tomatoes. Finely chop the garlic.
- In a pan on medium heat, put some olive oil, add some garlic and the eggplant.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes (if it sticks to the bottom add a little water), then add the zucchinis.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes(if it sticks to the bottom add a little water), then add the tomatoes.
- Cook gently for 15 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Debone the chicken leg.
- In a frying pan on high heat, melt some butter and canola oil.
- Lay the chicken on the skin side and let it become crips and golden. Then flip it, reduce the heat to medium and let it finish cooking. Salt to taste.