Carolina Kitchen: Pumpkin Protein Cookies
By Foothills Wellness Center, Dr. Joseph Picone, Chef Melissa LeRoy
- 2 Cups Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened)
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar or 10-12 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 6 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Lily's Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 scoop No Whey Pea Protein powder
- Pour the shredded coconut into your food processor and mix until it's pureed into a spread (similar to the consistency of coconut butter)
- Add coconut sugar, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, coconut flour, vanilla extract and seasoning.
- Process the ingredients until they're combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop or rounded measuring tablespoon and scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet. I lined my cookie sheet with parchment paper so the cookies wouldn't stick to the cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate the cookies.
- In a small saucepan, warm the chocolate chips and coconut oil together until the chocolate is melted. Stir and remove from the heat.
- Drizzle the white chocolate sauce over the top of the pumpkin macaroons. Then sprinkle extra cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice over the top of the cookies.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Keep leftover cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.