Carolina Kitchen: Pumpkin turkey
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Square Root Chefs Adam Wilson and Thomas Hayes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin pureed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1.5 quart crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsps. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. cumin
- 4 tbsp. Chili powder
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- 2 cups dark kidney beans soaked over night
- 2 cups light kidney beans soaked
- Sour cream
- In a sauce pot on medium heat, add olive oil and brown turkey and butternut squash.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low until squash and beans are tender (about one hour).
- Serve inside carved pumpkin and drizzle with sour cream!