Carolina Kitchen: Queso dip
by Blue Ridge Bear, Chef Janet Casperson
- 8 ounces of colby or monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 can of green chilies (canned work better than fresh) or 1 jar of red chunky salsa (Herdez or El Monte, found in Latino aisle)
- Sea salt & pepper
- In a medium size saucepan, warm the heavy cream on low.
- After about 6 to 7 minutes, add the cheese in small batches and mix well until melted.
- Add the salt & pepper and mix again.
- Add the salsa or green chilies and fold gently until fully incorporated. Let cool.
- If dip hardens too much that breaks the chips, you can add more warm heavy cream and mix it slowly until fully melted.