Carolina Kitchen: Queso Dip
by Blue Ridge Bear, Chef Janet Casperson
- 8oz Colby or Monterrey Jack shredded
- 1 1/2-2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can of green chiles (canned work better than fresh) or,
- 1 jar of red chunky salsa (Herdez or El Monte, found in Latino isle)
- Sea salt & pepper
- I'm a medium size saucepan, warm the heavy cream on low, after about 6-7 min add the cheese in small batches and mix well until melted.
- Add the salt & pepper and mix again.
- Then add the salsa or green chiles and fold gently until fully incorporated. Let cool.
- If dip hardens too much that breaks the chips, you can add more warm heavy cream and mix it slowly until fully melted.