Carolina Kitchen: Quinoa and beet mason jar salad
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Foothills Wellness Center: Dr. Joseph Picone and Chef Melissa LeRoy
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch peeled, cooked beets (4)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 cups kale
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 2 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place the sliced beets and tomatoes evenly on a large cookie sheet tray, or 2, lined with parchment paper, and drizzle them with olive oil and season salt and pepper.
- Roast them in the oven for 20 minutes or until the beets and tomatoes are softened and lightly browned. Cool.
- Layer the Mason jars in the following order; pecans, pumpkin seeds, quinoa, goat cheese, beet/tomato mixture and kale.
- Dressing: mix the oil and vinegar together in a separate smaller mason jar.