Carolina Kitchen: Savory granola
By Foothills Wellness Chef Melissa LeRoy and Dr. Joseph Picone
- 1 1/4 cups of gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBSP quinoa cereal
- 2 TBSP EVOO
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Preheat oven to 325.
- 2 Combine oats, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and quinoa in a bowl.
- 3 Combine EVOO and next 6 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Pour mixture over oat mixture and toss to coat. Spread mixture on a pan coated with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.