Carolina Kitchen: Scottish shortbread
By Dogwood Crafters Chef Brenda Anders
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS white sugar
- Stir together the 1st 6 ingredients until a stiff dough forms.
- Pat dough into 9-inch cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Prick well with a fork.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoon sugar over dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in preheated oven at 350 degrees or until golden.
- Cut into wedges while warm.
- Cool, separate cookies.
- Can serve with whipped cream and garnish with berries.