Carolina Kitchen: Three meat frittata
by The Writer's Bistro, Chef Rich Petrelli
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 ounces of ham
- 2 ounces of sausage
- 2 ounces of smoked gouda cheese
- 1 ounce of scallions
- Heat the pan that you will be making the frittata in. A good oven safe, non-stick pan or well seasoned cast iron pan works well.
- Chop your bacon and add to the pan and begin to cook.
- When bacon is half cooked, dice your sausage and ham and add to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, which should finish the bacon cooking.
- Beat your eggs and add heavy cream to it. Add the egg mixture to the pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Add shredded gouda and cook for 1-2 minutes until the egg fully sets in the pan.
- Take frittata and place in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Egg should be puffed and golden brown. Check doneness by sticking meat thermometer or knife into middle of egg and see if there is any liquid egg remaining on the utensil. If utensil is clean, run rubber spatula around edge of pan and slide frittata onto cutting board.
- Slice in pie slices and garnish with scallions