Carolina Kitchen: Vegan cheese sauce
by Billy Graham Training Center, chef Douglas Walls
- 2 cups of raw cashews
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup of roasted bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Garlic & onion powder to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak raw cashews in water over night. (Drain & rinse before use)
- Put soaked cashews in blender with water.
- Add nutritional yeast, roasted bell peppers, lemon juice, garlic and onion powder to taste, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend well and refrigerate up to 7 days.