Carolina Kitchen: Zaalouk
by Rezaz Chef Laura Samford
- 4 eggplant
- 4T tahini
- 2T lemon juice
- 2T mint
- 1/2c diced tomato
- Salt and pepper
- Grill the eggplant and put into a bowl and cover with plastic.
- Let the eggplant fully cool.
- Once the eggplants are cooled, peel off the skin and put the pulp into a bowl.
- If the eggplant is not fine enough, then put it into a robo coupe and puree it.
- Add the chopped mint and the rest of the ingredients, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the dip get cold and serve with pita chips or vegetables.