Share the Jackpot Facebook Contest
NOTICE: A PRIZE WILL ONLY BE AWARDED IN THE EVENT THAT THE STATION WINS THE LARGE JACKPOT DRAWING ($10,000 or more) CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR 11:00 P.M. EST ON FEBRUARY 12, 2014. IN SUCH EVENT, NOT ALL ENTRANTS WILL BE WINNERS. ENTRANTS MUST SPECIFICALLY ENTER THIS CONTEST. THERE IS NO AUTOMATIC ENTRY AS A FACEBOOK FAN OF THE STATION.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident, 18 years of age or older, reside in the WLOS-TV viewing area, and an existing user of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WLOS (the Station), WMYA, Facebook.com, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., their subsidiary and affiliate companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate family includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one (1) entry per IP address.
(b) To enter, log onto the WLOS-TV Facebook page at www.facebook.com/News13, and click Like to access the Inside News 13 tab to access the Share the Jackpot entry form. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, and birth date in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on February 12, 2014 and all entries must be received by Station by 10:00 p.m. EST on February 12, 2014. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) THE STATION HAS PURCHASED FIFTY (50) TICKETS FOR THE LARGE JACKPOT DRAWING CURRENTLY SCHEDULED ON FEBRUARY 12, 2014 AT 11:00 P.M. EST. COPIES OF THE TICKETS MAY BE VIEWED AT FACEBOOK.COM/NEWS13. IN THE EVENT THE STATION HAS A VERIFIED WINNING TICKET IN ITS POSSESSION FOR A PRIZE VALUED AT $10,000 OR MORE, THEN ON FEBRUARY 13, 2014, THE STATION WILL RANDOMLY SELECT THIRTEEN (13) WINNERS FROM AMONG ALL VALID ENTRIES.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Thirteen (13) winners may be selected. If the Station has a verified winning ticket for the large jackpot ($10,000 or more) scheduled to be drawn at 11:00 p.m. EST on February 12, 2014, then each of the thirteen (13) winners will receive an equal pro-rata share of the after-tax lump sum winning proceeds from such large jackpot drawing. The Station will retain ten percent (10%) of the after-tax lump sum jackpot winning proceeds for legal and administrative costs, which shall be calculated prior to the calculation for each winners equal pro-rata share. All amounts shall be determined by the appropriate lottery authority and the Station in their sole and absolute discretion.
2. Winners (if any) will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners (if any) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 3 days of notification, at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners (if any) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and whether the Station has a winning ticket in its possession.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS 110 Technology Dr., Asheville, NC 28803 and on the Station's website at www.wlos.com. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WLOS 110 Technology Drive, Asheville, NC, 28803 by March 28, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Facebook.com, Buddy Media, Inc., and Ciceron, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
8.Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.