Thanks to Teachers Contest
Who Can Enter
1.To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgia state resident who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WLOS-TV & WMYA-TV viewing area. Nominees shall be public or private elementary, middle or high school teacher in the WLOS-TV & WMYA-TV viewing area.
2.Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WLOS-TV (the Station), WMYA, The North Carolina Education Lottery, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address.
(b) To enter, log on to www.WLOS.com and click on the Thanks to Teachers page, under the Contest link and fill in your name, address, phone number, birth date, name of the teacher being nominated, his or her school, the school principals name and phone number in the provided areas, and explain in 100 words or less why the teacher you are nominating should be recognized as a Thanks to Teachers teacher. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on September 6, 2011, and all entries must be received by Station by 11:59p.m.EDT on May 3, 2011. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Every Monday beginning September 19, 2011 (excluding December 26, 2011 and January 2, 2012), one (1) teacher will be selected by a panel of 4 judges based on the following criterion: on-air appeal (50%), and care for students (50%). The entrant with the highest score as determined by the judges will be deemed the winner. Entries will carry over from week to week. In the event the Station does not receive quality entries/nominations, then the Station reserves the right to not select a winner for that particular week.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Up to thirty-two (32) teachers will be selected. Each teacher selected will be featured in a news story that will air during the 6:30AM Newcast on WLOS ABC 13 and again in the 6:30PM Newscast on WLOS News13. The total value of the on-air appearance cannot be determined.
2. The winning teacher will be notified by their schools principal. As a condition of being selected, the teacher must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 and must appear on-air.
3. If the winner cannot be notified with 2 business days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the Station may in its sole and absolute discretion select an alternate teacher with the next highest score
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
2. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 by June 30, 2012.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and the North Carolina Education Lottery accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.