Thanks To Teachers
THANKS TO TEACHERS 2012
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrantsand nominees must be a North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Georgiastate resident who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WLOS-TV& WMYA-TV viewing area. Nomineesshall be public or private elementary, middle or high school teacher in theWLOS-TV & WMYA-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., SinclairTelevision Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other companywhich owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stationWLOS-TV (the Station), WMYA, The North Carolina Education Lottery, and theiraffiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all localtelevision broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies,and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includesspouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address.
(b) To enter, log on to www.WLOS.com and clickon the Thanks to Teachers page, under the Contest link and fill in your name,address, phone number, birth date, name of the teacher being nominated, his orher school, the school principals name and phone number in the provided areas,and explain in 100 words or less why the teacher you are nominating should be recognizedas a Thanks to Teachers teacher. No mechanically reproduced or completedentries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on September 4, 2012, and all entries must bereceived by Station by 11:59p.m. EDT on May 2, 2012 (the Contest Period). Station is not responsible for late, lost ormisdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or anyother electronic malfunction.
(d) Every Monday during the Contest Period beginning September 10,2012 (excluding December 24, 2012 and December 31, 2012), one (1) teacher willbe selected by a panel of 4 judges based on the following criterion: on-air appeal(50%), and care for students (50%). The entrant with the highest score asdetermined by the judges will be deemed the winner. Remaining valid entries will carry over tothe next weekly judging. In the event the Station does not receivequality entries/nominations, then the Station reserves the right to not selecta winner for that particular week.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, orfrom ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.,Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged orreturned.
1. Up tothirty-two (32) teachers will be selected. Each teacher selected will befeatured in a news story that will air during the 6:30AM Newcast on WLOS ABC 13and again in the 6:30PM Newscast on WMYA My40. The total value of the on-air appearance cannot be determined.
2. The winning teacher will be notified by theirschools principal. As a condition of being selected, the teachermust sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must bereceived within 10 days, and must appear on-air.
3. If the winner cannot be notified with 2business days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit ofeligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the Station may in its soleand absolute discretion select an alternate teacher with the next highest score.
4. There will be no substitutions or cashalternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute aprize of similar value. No transfer orassignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsiblefor paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on theestimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. SinclairCommunications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group,Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfyits obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. SinclairCommunications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair TelevisionGroup, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly orindirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge thatSinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and SinclairCommunications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness,photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposeswithout financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Complete contest rules are available Mondaythrough Friday during normal business hours at WLOS-TV, 110 Technology DriveAsheville, NC 28803 and at www.wlos.com.
2. For a list of prizewinners, send a separate,self-addressed, stamped envelope to 110 Technology Drive Asheville, NC 28803 byJune 30, 2013.
3. This contest is subject to all applicablelaws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., SinclairTelevision Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and the North CarolinaEducation Lottery accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with anyinjuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from theacceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost orstolen entries, prizes or contest information.5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and changethe aforementioned contest dates.