- New Food Labels Highlight Calories & Sugar
- Instagram Soldier Scandal
- Lobbyist Wants Ban on Gay NFL PLayers
- Harold Ramis Dead at 69
- Scout Sells Cookies at Pot Shop
- Hot Pocket Recall
- Football Player Comes Out
- Google Not a fan of Russia's Anti-Gay Law
- 5 Things to Know About GI Joe
- CVS To Stop Selling Tobacco
- South Still Reeling From Snowstorm
- Wanted: Flu Research Volunteers
- Requiring Pre-Marriage Classes
- Amazon to Charge Sales Tax in NC
- President Talks Marijuana
- Target Email, Not Scam
- Little Leaguer Sued by Coach
- Neurologist Claims ADHD Doesn't Exist
- Super Bowl Commerical Contest
- Same-Sex Wedding at Rose Parade
- Children Overdose Concerns
- Phil Robertson Speaks About Marriage
- Most Admired Person
- Minimum Wage Increases for Some
- Ban on Kids Playing
- A&E & Cast Of Duck Dynasty Settle Differences
- Target: Encrypted PINs were Stolen
- 1.3 Million Losing Unemployment Benefits
- Plus Size Barbie Debate
- Poll: Americans Hopeful for a Better Year
- Major Delays with Christmas Deliveries
- Y'all, Youse, You Guys...What?
- The Grinch, Arrested
- Teacher Disciplined for Racial Santa Remark
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Base Takes Down Nativity Scene
- Top 100 Baby Names of 2013
- Sam Champion Leaving ABC
- Wanted: Ugly Women for Army Ads
- Zimmerman Back in Headlines
- Male vs. Female Bosses
- Shots Fired In NJ Mall
- Hallmark Apologizes for Ornament
- Hallmark Apologizes for Ornament
- ND Woman Intends to Trick Overweight Kids
- Facebook Giraffes...What?
- Hough Costume Backlash
- Cheerleades Punished for Giving Condoms
- Study: Spanking Could Lead to Agressive Behavior
- Halloween Decorations Prompt 911 Call
- Facebook Teens Share with Bigger Audience
- Cost of the Government Shutdown
- Senate Passes Bill To Reopen Govt.
- Mom Lives to See Daughters Marry
- Soldier Delivers 'Salute Seen Around the World'
- Columbus Day 2013: Hero, Villain or Both?
- Thousands Protest Closures During 'Million Vet March'
- McDonalds: "No Sagging" Warning
- Early Snow in SD Kills Thousands of Cattle
- NE Teen Ruled Too Immature for Abortion
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- S.C. Man Maintains Memorials
- Truckers Plan D.C. Protest
- VA Secretary: Shutdown Could Hit Millions of Vets
- New $100 Bills into Circulation
Mom Lives to See Daughters Marry
Updated: Wednesday, October 16 2013, 03:46 PM EDT
(ABC) - A Georgia woman died just one day after seeing her three daughters get married.
Becky Swales had been battling breast cancer, according to ABC News affiliate KGO-TV in San Francisco.
Swales’ daughters Jodie, Sarah and Kaylie Swales, of Georgia, had raised money from the local community in Snellville so that they could have all three of their weddings on the same day with their mother in attendance.
Each of the sisters walked down the aisle with their father on Sunday. Their mother was in the front row. During the event all three went up to her at the same time in their wedding dresses.
“It’s kind of bittersweet because we’re happy she’s here, but we’re sad because it’s probably going to be the last big thing we do with her,” Jodie Swales said.
Swales passed away the day after the weddings, at age 43.
Jodie Swales took to her Facebook after her mother died and called her mother “the most beautiful person” and an “angel.”
“I know she’s watching me and my family and I’m gonna [sic] give her a life that she’d be proud to watch,” wrote Jodie Swales. “Thank you God for letting her be here for the wedding yesterday. I love you bigga [sic] bunches mommy. R.I.P.”
By Gillian Mohney