Donation drop-off sites for firefighters, emergency responders battling N.C. fires
BUNCOMBE COUNTY, N.C. -- Donations have been pouring in to help the firefighters battling the fires burning all over western N.C.
Firefighters and emergency responders are working in shifts as the Party Rock Fire spreads toward the Village of Chimney Rock and other nearby communities.
They're looking for bottled water, Gatorade, pre-packaged food, protein bars, saline eye drops, and lip balm. You can drop those donations off at Fairview Fire Department on Highway 74-A or the Forest City Lowe's.
Other donation sites include:
- Frostbite Ice Cream in Asheville, Sunday until 10 p.m.
- Donations will be taken on Monday at Boys & Girls Club of Henderson County from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m at 1304 Ashe Street in Hendersonville.
- There is donation information on the Lake Lure Fire Donations Facebook page here.
- WHKP Radio in Hendersonville will accept donated items for firefighters from 6 a.m. to noon on Sunday.
- The Food Lion in Fairview is taking donations during business hours, 7 a.m. -11 p.m. seven days a week.
- The Black Mountain Chamber is taking donations Sunday noon- 3 p.m., and weekdays 9-5.
- Blue Ghost Brewing Company is taking donations until 8 p.m. at 125 Underwood Road in Fletcher.
News 13 caught up with one man, who brought drinks Friday afternoon.
"I work in emergency services," Richard Lee said. "So, I know what kind of sacrifice that is and how hard it is. So, I want to make sure that they have the resources they need as they protect our community."
Emergency officials had said donations could be dropped off at the Lake Lure Police Station and town hall, but, that area is now blocked off to the public.
If you know of a place in the mountains where people can drop off firefighter and emergency responder donations for those working the fires, message us on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.