MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

AFD: Electrical short in heater causes hotel fire

A number of crews responded to a fire at the Clarion Inn on Airport Road Sunday morning. (Photo by: WLOS staff){ }

A number of crews responded to a fire at the Clarion Inn on Airport Road around 9 a.m. Sunday.

A captain with the Asheville Fire Department says the fire was started by an electrical short in one of the heating units.

He says one person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation but is expected to be ok.

The hotel was evacuated, but due to the cold, those affected went into the lobby.

By 10:15, crews say the fire was knocked down and they were working on the clean-up phase.

Trending