Fire Damages Nick's Grill
Updated: Wednesday, February 27 2013, 07:40 AM EST
A small family restaurant in Woodfin is closed after being damaged by fire. The owners of Nick's Grill say they're lucky because a long-time customer spotted the fire and called for help.
Surveillance video from inside the restaurant shows the kitchen begin to fill up with smoke, then a short time later fire breaks in the fryer. Owner George Tsiros says he's not sure if a worker left it on or if there was a malfunction. After looking at the aftermath, Tsiros says he is thankful that there is only minimal damage and he appreciates the support he's been getting from the community.
As soon as authorities say it is safe, Nick's Grill will make the necessary repairs and reopen as quickly as possible.
Click here for George Tsiros' entire interview.
By Megan Schiering
Follow Megan on Twitter @MSchieringWLOS