Coo Coo Caribbean Cornmeal Mush
From Bruces Fabulous Foods
1C minced okra (frozen or fresh)
1 tsp salt
tsp ground black pepper
1 - 1C plain yellow cornmeal
4 quart sauce pot
- In the sauce pot, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Season with the butter, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the okra. Cook until tender, about eight minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cornmeal in a steady stream until smooth. Return to the heat and continue to cook until thickened, about three minutes.
- Pour into a greased serving bowl and loosely cover, allowing to rest for 30 minutes.
- Invert the bowl onto a serving platter and serve slices as a side dish.
Want more recipes? Click here to check us out on Pinterest!