Wild Mushroom & Leeks Bread Pudding
by Chef Brian Ross
1/2 pounds wild mushrooms
1/2 loaf rye bread
white part of 1 large leek
2 tablespoons butter for sweating
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups half-and-half
6 whole eggs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Yields 1 13" x 13" baking pan
- Slice the leeks and sweat in butter until soft.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to cook. Season well and let cool.
- Mix the eggs with the half-and-half and cut the bread into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together and season with the spices and salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, then 30 minutes uncovered for a total of one hour at 350F.
- Serve warm or let cool and cut pieces. Then reheat as needed in the microwave or oven.
Want more recipes? Click here to check us out on Pinterest!