Chicken in Island Sofrito
From Bruces Fabulous Foods
Half a cup of crispy bacon or smoked ham, minced
3tablespoons olive oil
Half a cup of diced yellow onions
6 cloves garlic, pressed
Half a cup of roasted red peppers, seeded
Half a cup of green pepper, seeded & diced
1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1 tsp each: salt, dried oregano, black pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste
A third of a cup of dry white wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
Half a cup of dry white wine
2 trimmed boneless chicken breasts, planked
- In the saut pan over medium high heat, warm the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions, green pepper and roasted red pepper to saut for three minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the crumbled bacon and garlic, cilantro, parsley, salt, oregano and black pepper, stirring thru to combine. Simmer for three minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and third of a cup of dry white wine. Stir to combine, then remove from heat and allow to rest over a warm burner while the chicken is cooking.
- In the large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Brown the chicken pieces on all sides in the olive oil.
- Deglaze the pan with a little of the additional white wine. Add desired amount of the sofrito over the chicken and stir to coat the pieces, adding the remaining white wine to create a sauce.
- Remove from the heat, cover and allow to rest for ten minutes before serving.
NOTE: The remaining sofrito may be kept in the fridge for a few days in a sealed glass container, or freeze in half cup batches for future use.
Want more recipes? Click here to check us out on Pinterest!