Shrimp & Scallops
Shrimp And Scallops With Tomato And Feta
by Celine And Company Catering, Chef: Celine Lurey
3 scallions, thinly sliced
Leaves from 6-8 stems of oregano
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 strips lemon zest, use vegetable peeler for nice wide strips
3 T canola oil
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup bottled clam juice
3/4 Cup white wine
1 t sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
6 ounces peeled and deveined raw shrimp
6 ounces large dry packed scallops
3 ounces feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a medium casserole.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring to keep from burning. Add the tomatoes, clam juice, white wine, sugar, oregano and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and cook about 20 minutes, reducing by about 1/3.
- Discard the lemon zest. Add the shrimp and scallops to the skillet, stir and cook for a minute or two.
- Crumble the feta into the bottom of your casserole, then transfer the seafood mixture to the baking dish.
- Top with scallions and roast for 8 -10 minutes, until shrimp and scallops are cooked through.