Pork & Pablano Stew
by Celine And Company Catering, Chef: Celine Lurey
4 to 5 poblano chile peppers (about 3/4 pound)
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp cumin
1 chipotle chili in adobo, minced
1 TBS dried oregano
1 quart chicken stock
1 1/2 Cups frozen corn
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
Sour cream Cilantro
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven on medium high heat.
- Brown the pork, working in batches as to not crowd the pan.
- Sprinkle salt generously over the pork while they brown. Add the chopped onion and cumin to the pan and cook until translucent.
- Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan while the onions cook. Add garlic and cook for a minute more. Add the chopped chipotle and the chopped poblano chiles.
- Add the chicken stock and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook for 1 hour. After an hour, add the diced sweet potato and corn to the stew.
- Cook for another half hour, until the pork is tender and the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- To serve, swirl in a spoonful of sour cream to each bowl. Top with chopped fresh cilantro.
Want more recipes? Click here to check us out on Pinterest!