Albuquerque Turkey Sandwich
by Bruce's Fabulous Foods, Chef: Bruce Brown
4 Hoagie rolls, sliced and toasted
2 Tbs bacon grease
1 lb cooked turkey, white and dark combined, shredded
2 TBS Southwestern seasoning mix, your preference
1 Cup peppers, sliced
1 Cup onion strips, sliced
1 Cup tortilla chips, crushed
2 Cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Place each opened hoagie roll on baking sheet and toast in oven for 3 minutes.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, melt the bacon grease. Add the peppers and onions, sauting for three minutes.
- Add the shredded turkey to the peppers and onions, stirring to combine. Sprinkle the mixture with the southwestern seasoning mix. Cook for one minute until turkey is heated through.
- Add the crushed tortilla chips and stir, topping with the cheese. Remove from the heat and put the lid on the pan for 30 seconds, until the cheese begins to melt.
- Divide the sandwich mix into four portions and serve immediately on the toasted hoagie rolls.
Skillet and lid
Want more recipes? Click here to check us out on Pinterest!