Cranberry Turkey Meatloaf
by Celine And Company Catering, Chef: Celine Lurey
2 large leeks, white and green parts only, halved, rinsed and diced
4 large celery stalks, diced
1 T canola oil
1/2 Cup dried cranberries
2 tsp dried sage or poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 Cup bulgur, combined with 1 1/2 Cups boiling water and set for 30 minutes
1 pound lean ground turkey (93% lean)
1/2 Cup canned cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat - add the vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and moist - transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Add dried cranberries, sage, salt and pepper to the vegetables, stirring to combine. Stir in the egg, bulgur and ground turkey - gently knead with clean hands, being careful not to over mix.
- Pat the mixture into loaf and coat with cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 40 -45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Want more recipes? Click here to check us out on Pinterest!