Butternut Squash Ravioli
by Pasta Fasta, Chef: David Kaufmann
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash puree
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Pinch nutmeg
- 5 lbs all purpose flour
- 25 oz water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp salt
- tsp white pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage
- Combine flour and water in pasta machine slowly. Extrude into sheets.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the shallots and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the squash puree and cook until the mixture is slightly dry, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 3 tablespoons cheese and nutmeg to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cool completely.
- Cut the pasta ribbons into 3-inch squares.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the filling in the center of each pasta square. Bring 1 corner of the square to the other, forming a triangle and seal the pasta completely.
- Add the pasta to pot of boiling salted water. Cook until al dente about 2 to 3 minutes or until the pasta floats and is pale in color.
- Remove the pasta from the water and drain well.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper.