by High Hampton Inn, Chef: Sean Ruddy
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 ea. Onion (sliced)
1/2 lb. Mushrooms (sliced)
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 lb. Chicken (split thiegh quarters)
2 20 oz. can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
1 lbs. Potatoes (peeled and diced)
2 cloves Garlic (Minced)
1 Tbsp, Basil (dried)
1 tsp. Thyme (dried)
1 ea. Bay Leaf (dried)
1 tsp.. Salt
1/2 Cup White Wine
- In a large roasting pan, heat the oil and add the onions and garlic and spices, and cookthe veggies until soft.
- Add the mushrooms
- De-glaze with white wine
- Add the tomatoes, and juice and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are simmering, dredge the chicken in seasoned flour and brown.
- Add the chicken (skin side up) and potatoes to the pan of tomatoes
- Cover tightly with foil and cook in a 325 degree oven for about 1 hours.
- Hold at 140 degrees or cool down to below 70 degrees within 2 hours and then
Yield: 6 servings