Chef: Madge Sala
5 pounds ground chuck meat (or turkey)
5 tablespoons sugar cure salt
5 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns (this is spicy so use less unless you are fond of peppers)
4 tablespoon mustard seed
1 tablespoon garlic POWDER
3 or 4 shakes of liquid smoke
- Wear plastic gloves
- Add all ingredients in large aluminum bowl.
- Use your hands to mix and squeeze and kneed until everything is incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with foil or press and seal. Place in the fridge.
- On the 2nd and 3rd day mix the meat mixture thoroughly and place in fridge.
- On the 5th day mix and divide the mean into 5 large alls. Form each ball into a log about 2 inches in diameter and 10-12 inches long.
- Place on a rack over a broiler pan and bake for 8 hours in the over at 150-170 Degrees . (you can put a small amount of water into the broiler pan)