Selina Naturally, Chef: Carla Delangre
Pepper stuffed with Lamb
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
4 large swiss chard leaves, with stem/spine removed
1 pound free range ground lamb
4 Portobello mushrooms
4 large sweet peppers, any color
cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
cup Italian pasta sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Flower of the Ocean
teaspoon dried chili flakes
teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1-tablespoon sheep feta or grated Parmesan cheese
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Extra Celtic Sea Salt and pepper for mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry swiss chard leaves and sweet peppers.
- Remove the spin of the swiss chard to allow the leaves to be more malleable, then set the leaves aside for later.
- Remove the stems and gills of the Portobello mushrooms and set these aside.
- Cut the tops of the sweet peppers off where the stems are and remove the ribs of the peppers to allow for a hollow "cup."
- Set the peppers in a glass-baking dish with cup side up.
- In a large mixing bowl add the lamb and mix in the basil leaves, pasta sauce, oregano, Flower of the Ocean, chili flakes, pepper, cheese and garlic. Mix until fully combined.
- Lay out the Swiss Chard leaves on a flat surface.
- Take around a cup of the lamb mixture and place it in one of the leaves.
- Wrap the leaf around the lamb like a burrito, then stuff it into one of the peppers.
- Repeat this process for all 4 peppers.
- Then season the mushrooms with olive oil, salt and pepper (and cayenne if you like more kick).
- Then top each pepper with a mushroom, faced down.
- Bake in the oven uncovered for 30-40 minutes. Serve hot!