Arugula Salad with Sauteed Shrimp & Strawberry Vinaigrette
by Harrah's Heather Edwards
For the Salad:
Arugula -Approximately 8 oz per person
Shrimp -Approximately 6 per person
Feta Cheese- 2 oz per person
Fresh Strawberries- 3-4 berries per person
Cucumbers- 3-4 slices per person
For the vinaigrette:
2 pts strawberries- capped and sliced
2 cups Champagne Vinegar or Rice Wine Vinegar
1 cup brown sugar or 2 cups honey
1 qt Olive Oil
- In a heavy bottom sauce pot- mix together the strawberries, vinegar, and brown sugar. 2. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to simmer the sauce until reduced by half. 3. When reduced, remove from heat and in a blender or food processor- or with an immersion blender, puree the mixture then strain to remove the seeds.
- Rinse the blender and pour the mixture back in.
- With the blender running at a medium speed- incorporate the olive oil. This should thicken the sauce to a nice vinaigrette consistency.
- Chill the sauce overnight or if using immediately- place in a metal mixing bowl over ice and whisk till chilled.
For the salad:
- Saute the shrimp in olive oil with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the arugula in 1-2 oz of the strawberry vinaigrette.
- Place in the center of the plate.
- Top with the sliced strawberries, cucumbers, and feta cheese.
- Arrange the Shrimp on top of the salad.
- Serve immediately.
Any leftover dressing can be placed in an airtight container and refrigerated for 7-10 days.