Loaded Potato Soup
by Paula Deen's Kitchen At Harrah's, Chef: Heather Edwards
4 qts- Heavy Cream
1 3/4 Cups Onion- diced
2 lbs Potatoes- diced
1/2 lb Bacon Bits
5 oz- Butter
5 oz- Flour
2 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
4 Tbs Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Sour Cream, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Bacon Bits, Green Onion- for Garnish
- Heat olive oil in large Stock Pot.
- Add onions and bacon bits.
- Saut until the onions are clear.
- Add butter then flour to make roux.
- Then add chicken broth, heavy cream and potatoes.
- Simmer until potatoes are cooked and the soup has reached the proper consistency.
- Finish off with black pepper and salt to taste.