by Dough, Chef: Ali Caulfield
5 egg yolks
3 TBS sugar
1 pound of Mascarpone
2 Cups of espresso, cooled
2 TBS rum or coffee liquor
1 TBS vanilla extract
30-40 Saviordi Lady Fingers (large packages have 60)
1 Cup heavy cream
Dutch Process Cocoa for dusting
- Whip mascarpone for about 30 seconds in a stand mixer. Add yolks and sugar and whip until combined and fluffy. Be careful not to over whip because Mascarpone is a delicate cream and can break.
- Combine espresso, liquors, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Line the bottom of a glass casserole dish with one layer of lady fingers, first quickly dipped in coffee liquid. Do not soak the lady fingers as they will fall apart.
- Add a layer of cream. Continue to do this for 2 more layers, ending with cream.
- Whip the heavy cream to medium peaks and cover the entire dish with a layer of whipped cream.
- Allow to chill for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder and serve.