Baked Salmon Croquetts
by Dogwood Crafters, Chef: Brenda Anders
1 (15 oz) can red or pink salmon
Low fat milk (Enough to make 1 Cup along with liquid from can)
1/4 Cup butter
2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
1/3 Cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 Cup crushed corn flakes, divided
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid. Add enough milk to liquid to make one cup. Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan on low heat, add onions and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk mixture, cook on medium heat, stirring until thick and bubbly. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove skin and bones from salmon, flake with fork. Add lemon juice. cup crushed corn flakes and the white sauce, stirring well.
- Refrigerate mixture until chilled. Shape into croquettes. Roll in remaining crushed corn flakes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with horseradish sauce or mustard. You can make this ahead and freeze before baking.