Noodle & Beef Casserole
by Celine And Company Catering, Chef: Celine Lurey
1 TBS canola oil
3 Cups wide egg noodles, cooked al dente
1 1/2 Cups Greek yogurt
1/2 Cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
16 oz lean ground beef
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
1 TBS tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
1 14 oz can petit diced tomatoes
2 Cups grated Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Oil a 2 qt baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl combine cooked noodles, Greek yogurt, parmesan and 1 t salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring, until no longer pink.
- Add the peppers and scallions and cook until crisp tender. Add tomato paste, oregano, salt and diced tomatoes bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the beef mixture over the noodles and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and the edges are bubbling, 15-20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!