by Dough, Chef: Brian Ross
1/3 Cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon Thai roasted chili paste in oil or chili-garlic sauce
3 ounces chicken broth (canned will do - but choose low-sodium)
10-12 ounces ground chicken
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh lemongrass
1/2 tablespoon thinly sliced Thai chilies or serrano chilies
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
3 tablespoons cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1 small head Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend; reserve sauce.
- Bring broth to simmer in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Simmer until cooked through, breaking up meat with spoon, about 8 minutes.
- Add the shallots, green onions, chilis and lemongrass.
- Stir until vegetables are tender and most of liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sauce, cilantro and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves; serve.